AMD ha annunciato ufficialmente le prime video card della linea Radeon RX 6000 denominate come segue: Radeon RX 6900 XT (prodotto flag-ship), Radeon RX 6800 XT e Radeon RX 6800.
Tutte le Radeon RX 6000 sono basate su una GPU tipicamente indicata come "Big Navi" e tecnologicamente progettata in accordo all'architettura grafica proprietaria RDNA 2, che promette prestazioni due volte superiori a quelle ottenibili con la RDNA di prima generazione a fronte di un miglioramento del rapporto prestazioni su consumo di potenza.
|Radeon RX 6900 XT|
AMD sottolinea che la Radeon RX 6900 XT - definita come la scheda video più veloce tra quelle progettate da Advanced Micro Devices - consente il gaming in 4K di alto livello. E inoltre che la capacità di eseguire i titoli in 4K, ed evidentemente anche in 1440p, con livello di dettaglio grafico elevato è una feature presente anche nelle Radeon RX 6800 XT e Radeon RX 6800.
|Radeon RX 6800 XT|
Le Radeon RX 6000 possono vantare la tecnologia Infinity Cache, che è implementata con una memoria cache da 128MB presente nel die della GPU ed è utile per ridurre la latenza delle applicazioni e il consumo di potenza.
|Radeon RX 6800|
E inoltre Smart Access Memory, una feature utilizzabile con le configurazioni in cui una CPU AMD Ryzen 5000 e una motherboard con chipset AMD B550 o X570 sono abbinate a una GPU Radeon RX 6000, e che si basa sull'utilizzo, da parte del processore, della memoria GDDR6 presente sulla memory card. Questo approccio incrementa le performance.
Dal punto di vista delle specifiche, le Radeon RX 6900 XT, Radeon RX 6800 XT e Radeon RX 6800 utilizzano un frame buffer da 16GB di GDDR6, integrano una Infinity Cache da 128MB e includono un memory bus a 256-bit.
Inoltre, le GPU delle Radeon RX 6900 XT, Radeon RX 6800 XT e Radeon RX 6800 lavorano con una frequenza di clock in modalità gaming pari a 2015MHz nei primi due casi, e a 1815 nel terzo caso, mentre il valore massimo delle frequenze di clock con Boost è pari a 2250MHz nei primi due casi e a 2015MHz nel terzo.
Le Radeon RX 6800 XT e Radeon RX 6800 firmate AMD arrivano sul mercato il 18 novembre: i prezzi consigliati dal costruttore sono pari rispettivamente a $649 e $579 nel mercato statunitense. La disponibilità della Radeon RX 6900 XT è pianificata invece dal giorno 8 dicembre, e il prezzo è pari a $999.
Nel mese di Novembre saranno commercializzate anche le Radeon RX 6800 XT e Radeon RX 6800 prodotte dai partner AIB di AMD, tra i quali ASRock, ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, PowerColor, SAPPHIRE e XFX.
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today unveiled the AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics cards, delivering powerhouse performance, incredibly life-like visuals, and must-have features that set a new standard for enthusiast-class PC gaming experiences. Representing the forefront of extreme engineering and design, the highly anticipated AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series includes the AMD Radeon RX 6800 and Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics cards, as well as the new flagship Radeon RX 6900 XT – the fastest AMD gaming graphics card ever developed.
AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics cards are built upon groundbreaking AMD RDNA 2 gaming architecture, a new foundation for next-generation consoles, PCs, laptops and mobile devices, designed to deliver the optimal combination of performance and power efficiency. AMD RDNA 2 gaming architecture provides up to 2X higher performance in select titles with the AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT graphics card compared to the AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card built on AMD RDNA architecture1, and up to 54 percent more performance-per-watt when comparing the AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics card to the AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card using the same 7nm process technology2.
AMD RDNA 2 offers a number of innovations, including applying advanced power saving techniques to high-performance compute units to improve energy efficiency by up to 30 percent per cycle per compute unit3, and leveraging high-speed design methodologies to provide up to a 30 percent frequency boost at the same power level4. It also includes new AMD Infinity Cache technology that offers up to 2.4X greater bandwidth-per-watt compared to GDDR6-only AMD RDNA-based architectural designs5.
"Today’s announcement is the culmination of years of R&D focused on bringing the best of AMD Radeon graphics to the enthusiast and ultra-enthusiast gaming markets, and represents a major evolution in PC gaming," said Scott Herkelman, corporate vice president and general manager, Graphics Business Unit at AMD. "The new AMD Radeon RX 6800, RX 6800 XT and RX 6900 XT graphics cards deliver world class 4K and 1440p performance in major AAA titles, new levels of immersion with breathtaking life-like visuals, and must-have features that provide the ultimate gaming experiences. I can’t wait for gamers to get these incredible new graphics cards in their hands."
Powerhouse Performance, Vivid Visuals & Incredible Gaming Experiences
AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics cards support high-bandwidth PCIe 4.0 technology and feature 16GB of GDDR6 memory to power the most demanding 4K workloads today and in the future. Key features and capabilities include:
True to Life, High-Fidelity Visuals
- AMD Infinity Cache – A high-performance, last-level data cache suitable for 4K and 1440p gaming with the highest level of detail enabled. 128 MB of on-die cache dramatically reduces latency6 and power consumption7, delivering higher overall gaming performance than traditional architectural designs.
- AMD Smart Access Memory8 – An exclusive feature of systems with AMD Ryzen 5000 Series processors, AMD B550 and X570 motherboards and Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics cards. It gives AMD Ryzen processors greater access to the high-speed GDDR6 graphics memory, accelerating CPU processing and providing up to a 13-percent performance increase on a AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics card in Forza Horizon 4 at 4K when combined with the new Rage Mode one-click overclocking setting.9,10
- Built for Standard Chassis – With a length of 267mm and 2x8 standard 8-pin power connectors, and designed to operate with existing enthusiast-class 650W-750W power supplies, gamers can easily upgrade their existing large to small form factor PCs without additional cost.
Elevated Gaming Experience
- DirectX 12 Ultimate Support – Provides a powerful blend of raytracing, compute, and rasterized effects, such as DirectX Raytracing (DXR) and Variable Rate Shading, to elevate games to a new level of realism.
- DirectX Raytracing (DXR) – Adding a high performance, fixed-function Ray Accelerator engine to each compute unit, AMD RDNA 2-based graphics cards are optimized to deliver real-time lighting, shadow and reflection realism with DXR. When paired with AMD FidelityFX, which enables hybrid rendering, developers can combine rasterized and ray-traced effects to ensure an optimal combination of image quality and performance.
- AMD FidelityFX – An open-source toolkit for game developers available on AMD GPUOpen. It features a collection of lighting, shadow and reflection effects that make it easier for developers to add high-quality post-process effects that make games look beautiful while offering the optimal balance of visual fidelity and performance.
- Variable Rate Shading (VRS) – Dynamically reduces the shading rate for different areas of a frame that do not require a high level of visual detail, delivering higher levels of overall performance with little to no perceptible change in image quality.
AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series Product Family
- Microsoft DirectStorage Support – Future support for the DirectStorage API enables lightning-fast load times and high-quality textures by eliminating storage API-related bottlenecks and limiting CPU involvement.
- Radeon Software Performance Tuning Presets – Simple one-click presets in Radeon Software help gamers easily extract the most from their graphics card. The presets include the new Rage Mode stable over clocking setting that takes advantage of extra available headroom to deliver higher gaming performance10.
- Radeon Anti-Lag11 – Significantly decreases input-to-display response times and offers a competitive edge in gameplay.
Robust Gaming Ecosystem and Partnerships
In the coming weeks, AMD will release a series of videos from its ISV partners showcasing the incredible gaming experiences enabled by AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics cards in some of this year’s most anticipated games. These videos can be viewed on the AMD website.
Pricing and Availability
- DIRT 5 – October 29
- Godfall – November 2
- World of Warcraft: Shadowlands – November 10
- RiftBreaker – November 12
- FarCry 6 – November 17
AMD Radeon RX 6800 and Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics cards are expected to be available from global etailers/retailers and on AMD.com beginning November 18, 2020, for $579 USD SEP and $649 USD SEP, respectively. The AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT is expected to be available December 8, 2020, for $999 USD SEP.
AMD Radeon RX 6800 and RX 6800 XT graphics cards are also expected to be available from AMD board partners, including ASRock, ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, PowerColor, SAPPHIRE and XFX, beginning in November 2020.
News Source: AMD Press Release