This is a stand-alone version of the tool that is included in the K-Lite Codec Pack.
With this tool you can do things like:
- Scan the registry to detect and remove broken references to codecs and filters.
- Generate a detailed log of all installed codecs and DirectShow filters.
- Enable/disable more than 250 popular codecs and filters (if they are installed).
- Manage preferred source filters (a.k.a. splitters).
- Reset settings.
- Backup and restore settings.
- Adjust preferred decoders on Windows 7/8/10/11.
- Various tweaks for disabling MS codecs on Windows 7/8/10/11.
- Has ability to set 64-bit WMP as default.